Drinking Lemon Water is a great way to get your digestive system going and to provide excellent detoxification benefits to the body while adding much needed hydration.
Drinking a tall glass of lemon water first thing in the morning, will fire up your metabolism, starting your day off in burning more body fat throughout the day.
It is best to drink lemon water on an empty stomach. The best time to drink it is as soon as you wake up in the morning and/or 30 minutes BEFORE meals.
It will also serve as an all-natural appetite suppressant, causing you to eat fewer calories with your breakfast.
Since lemons are acidic in nature you might want to drink this beverage with a straw.
PROS OF LEMON WATER
• It is an all natural beverage with no added preservatives
• Helps to improve the natural pH balance of the body – naturally alkalizes our bodies
• Assists with the process of digestion
• Reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke
• Lowers the frequency and duration of headaches
• Improves youthful appearance by hydrating skin
• Assists with recovery from exercise
Give your immune system a boost with Lemons which contain high amounts of Vitamin C which is like jumper cables to our immune system. Lemons provide an Excellent source of potassium and it aids digestion by loosening toxins by enhancing enzyme function.
Note: If you drink too much lemon water you can be at risk for electrolytes imbalances as it does not provide you with sodium, potassium, or magnesium but you would have to consume many cups of this in order for it to do that.